I have been thinking about BlackBerry and some of the options they have. First, a few observations:
- BlackBerry 10 device sales are falling short of expectations. The company has excess inventory for devices and parts to build new devices.
- BlackBerry 10 only runs on (currently) high end devices. 2 GB RAM minimum, compared to 512 MB for Windows Phone. The company seems to be unable to sell those devices at a profit.
- BlackBerry is stepping up its Android game with Jelly Bean support in 10.2.1, due out this quarter. Early leaks allow side loading of Android apps.
- BlackBerry is trying to establish itself as a MDM vendor, supporting Android and iOS alongside BlackBerry 10.
- BlackBerry has announced a five year partnership with Foxconn, which is supposed to come out with a new device very quickly, initially for the Indonesian market, a BlackBerry consumer stronghold.
Now I am going out on a limb. I believe that Foxconn could be making Android devices for BlackBerry and putting BlackBerry Messenger and BlackBerry Secure Work Space front and center on those devices. If this plan works, BlackBerry would have two lines of phones: high end BB10 devices and low end Android devices. And they can potentially balance this mix in the future, phasing out BB10 in favor of Android.
Angeblich sind doch Alle so "verwirrt" von Windows RT, weil das kein "echtes" Windows sei. Was passiert dann erst wenn Blackberry keine "echten" Blackberrys baut?
Der Plan klingt plausibel, aber das Geweine..... auweia. Und das Blackberry Marketing machte in der Vergangenheit nicht den Eindruck als könnten sie so was verkaufen. Just saying.
Oliver Steenbuck on Ello at 14:26
Ralph Hammann on Ello at 14:25
Oliver Steenbuck on Ello at 14:05
Ralph Hammann on Ello at 12:44
Daniel Meyer on Ello at 11:48
Andreas Imnitzer on Some names don't translate well at 11:26
Daniel Meyer on Ello at 11:25
Ralph Hammann on Ello at 10:49
Jens-Christian Fischer on Ello at 10:46
Dirk Deimeke on Ello at 10:39
Harald Gaerttner on Instagram Hyperlapse at 09:37
Christop Rummel on Microsoft begins Lumia Cyan Update at 07:51
Jens Nullmeyer on Instagram Hyperlapse at 22:49
Ingo Seifert on Programmierer sind keine Designer at 14:30
Volker Weber on WhatsApp has 600 million active users at 22:53
Patrick Bohr on WhatsApp has 600 million active users at 22:39
Ingo Seifert on WhatsApp has 600 million active users at 12:58
Nils Michael Becker on How I make Twitter work for me at 10:59
Volker Weber on SONOS ZP100 and ZP80 :: Eight years and still going strong at 10:45
Hanno Zulla on SONOS ZP100 and ZP80 :: Eight years and still going strong at 10:41
Volker Weber on How I make Twitter work for me at 10:39
Matthias Welling on How I make Twitter work for me at 10:29
Martin Kautz on How to hire developers at 09:47
Volker Weber on SONOS ZP100 and ZP80 :: Eight years and still going strong at 09:01
Hanno Zulla on SONOS ZP100 and ZP80 :: Eight years and still going strong at 22:46