Any file you save with Copy on your computer, smartphone, or tablet is automatically accessible from any device you use.
Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android.
Three steps to get your 10 GB:
- Sign up through this link >
- Check your inbox and confirm your email address.
- Install one of the clients.
Syncplicity does same (incl. versioning and automatic backup) for long time.
Thanks for the referral, Volker!
"There was an error confirming your user. Please try again in a few minutes."
Looks like they are slashdotted^W vowed.
vielen Dank vowe!
iCloud now sinks to 5th place.
What Benjamin said.
And when I try a second time, I'm told 'a user with email [my email] already exists - have you forgotten your password? '
An attempt to reset password gives me another error.
So, all a bit broken at the moment (around 4:45pm GMT)....
@Nick & @Benjamin:
Did you confirm your login by clicking the link within the mail which was sent to your account after registering?
Had the same problem before doing that; after confirming everything worked perfectly...
Anton, the issue I reported happened exactly when confirming the address using the link. However, it worked for me after a few tries a few minutes later. Now I'm waiting for the referrals fly in. You can help here: https://copy.com?r=840CXJ (-;
but I don´t see why I should store my data with yet another unknown service. I do store my photos at Google Picasa, some photos at Dropbox, some other data at Skydrive: at Skydrive I have currently 25 GB storage (due to being a user there right from the beginning), plus can get additionally 100 GB for EUR 37,00 per yesr. OK, 250 GB for 99 USD might be comparable, but who needs that much space anyway??
Please don't feel obliged to get 10 GB of free synchronized cloud storage.
Danke für den Tipp, habe mich doch gleich mal registriert. Dann bin ich mal gespannt wieviel GB vowe zusammenbekommt.
Thanks for this. I have been a Dropbox user for a long time although I have access to other services including SkyDrive, GDrive and Amazon Cloud Drive. I have never really used any of the others because, although they offer more storage, it isn't a lot more and I have accumulated extra storage at Dropbox over the years anyway through referrals so my quota now stands at a little over 6GB.
Copy is different though and I am already using it a lot. Two reasons.
1. You get a meaningful amount of storage quickly, starting with 10GB and growing very rapidly. You only need a couple of referrals and you have 20GB. I expect you have accumulated a great deal more than that by now, eh vowe?
2. It does something which Dropbox does not do (to my knowledge). Dropbox (and the other services I mentioned) all expect you to store files inside their folder structure. If you have an existing folder hierarchy you want to store in Dropbox, you have to move it inside their folder - impossible if it is spread over more than one logical volume. With Copy, all you have to do is place a shortcut to any existing folder on any locally attached volume into the Copy folder and the contents of that folder are synced to Copy. I have already backed up about 8GB of family happy snaps this way.
Two minor gripes.
1. No BlackBerry app (allthough iOS and Android apps are very nice).
2. I connected a USB thumb drive and Copy helpfully offered to back it up (which it does by placing a shortcut to the root of the driver letter assigned to the USB drive into the Copy folder). Some time later, having disconnected that USB thumb drive, I connected a 2TB desktop USB drive and Windows assigned the same drive letter. The consequence was that Copy deleted the backup of the thumb drive and started trying to upload all of the c. 1.4TB of data stored on the desktop drive. I stopped it and deleted the uploaded data before it broke my quota but this does suggest a different approach to the matter of backing up thumb drives, perhaps recognising them by serial number?
Thanks for the heads up. What Copy needs is more support in 3rd party apps. But that will come as more people use the service.
Another advantage over dropbox: you can held your folders on network drives too.
@Henrik Absolutely. I am actually using it to back up a file server for one of my SMB clients.
A friend of mine recently "invited" me to box (www.box.com) which gave me 50GB free cloud space. New users now get 5GB.
The comparisons you read in the standard IT press like to compare prices, space etc., but no one really mentions the location of the storage. Where do the servers of copy reside?
* All of the data stored with Copy is stored securely in the U.S.
* Currently we have data centers in Michigan and California.
* Your data will never leave the country (unless you are outside of the country or sharing with someone outside the country, obviously).
-Alex (Web Developer at Copy.com)
Thanks, Alex. That is reassuring for US customers. Most of the readers here are from Germany.
Hm... They're not making it easy to run the app.
After launching the Linux x86_64 version and signing in, I get the following on my console. Needless to say that I'm not jenkins. ;)
0x281dbb0f8c3d000a-DEBUG Debug assertion failed for condition YBbsHash::BbsHash((*partInfoIter)->data) == partItem->fingerprint at /home/jenkins/workspace/Copy_Agent_Linux/CloudSync/Core/YCloudApi.cpp:768
0x281dbb0f8c3d000a-DEBUG Cloud gave incorrect part data for hash 1ed2220b7442e37d16a74c8711029e427c76fcc4b9b3b4998cac9cb7108f21a2828499ce
Aborted (core dumped)
Nevermind. Relaunched the app, working now.
Still looks like a bug to be filed with email@example.com
Just noticed the existence of Copy, googled it and found your site, read your FAQ and chose to use your referal link because I liked your attitude :-)
Volker Weber on DJ-Headset wieder schön at 19:44
Kai Schmalenbach on DJ-Headset wieder schön at 19:34
Hubert Stett on Lumia 1520 mit Windows Phone 8.1 Preview at 17:08
Daniel Haferkorn on Sonos will drop the need to wire one component at 16:46
Markus Jabs on Sonos will drop the need to wire one component at 16:45
Jens Huber on Lumia 2520 - erste Eindrücke at 15:52
Ingo Seifert on Sonos will drop the need to wire one component at 15:37
Frédéric Dehédin on DJ-Headset wieder schön at 13:50
Volker Weber on Mixed Tape 56 is out at 09:15
Thomas Merchel on Mixed Tape 56 is out at 09:14
Thoimas Notinger on At a Glance at 21:26
Frank Paolino on Trolling LinkedIn at 19:55
John Lindsay on Trolling LinkedIn at 13:42
Sascha Langfus on Lumia 1520 mit Windows Phone 8.1 Preview at 08:54
Philipp Münzel on iCloud on Windows Phone at 03:18
Volker Weber on Lumia 1520 mit Windows Phone 8.1 Preview at 23:21
Harald Reisinger on Lumia 1520 mit Windows Phone 8.1 Preview at 22:54
Sascha Siekmann on Trolling LinkedIn at 20:12
Juergen Eichholz on Trolling LinkedIn at 17:49
Bruce Elgort on Trolling LinkedIn at 17:27
Bill Buchan on Trolling LinkedIn at 17:12
Mike McPoyle on Trolling LinkedIn at 16:55
Volker Weber on Trolling LinkedIn at 16:21
Daniel Haferkorn on Trolling LinkedIn at 13:58
Oliver Regelmann on iCloud on Windows Phone at 13:43