The Wookie on partnering with IBM

by Volker Weber

Looking at the new offerings it feels like a major change coming from IBM, during the good times IBM products did 80% of what the clients wanted with the parters like LDC filling in the remaining 20%, however in the last few years IBM products have only been providing 50%-60% of what clients wants (compared to the competition) meaning people simply did not buy them and thus the partners got to provide 0%, now IBM seem to be fighting back with their design team leading the charge, however to me they seem to aiming to provide about 95% of what clients want…will the remaining 5% be worth waiting round for?

This resonates well with some of the thoughts I had about IBM business partners. It all comes down to what value you can add for your customers. Less about being an ISV and more about making things work for your customer.

More >

Comments

Plus IBM directly competing with partners with it's Cloud first strategy, leaving them even less than those 5%.

Oliver Regelmann, 2015-02-11

Recent comments

Roland Dressler on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 10:43
Arne Sigurd Rognan Nielsen on Now is a good time to buy a new iMac at 10:40
Frank Köhler on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 18:55
Jochen Schug on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 17:28
Michael Hertlein on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 16:52
Friedrich Holstein on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 16:41
Volker Weber on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 14:43
Michael Hertlein on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 13:44
Stefan Kremer on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 12:44
Volker Weber on Invoxia Triby :: Ein starker Zwerg at 10:44
Frank Köhler on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 21:00
Sven Bühler on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 20:44
Dominique Roller on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 20:05
Martin Kirchler on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 16:12
Volker Weber on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 16:06
Roland Dressler on Lange erwartet :: Neue AirPods at 15:31
Dietmar Liehr on Gestern in der Tagesschau at 12:55
Torsten Armbruster on Invoxia Triby :: Ein starker Zwerg at 12:49
Markus Dierker on Invoxia Triby :: Ein starker Zwerg at 12:06
Volker Weber on Now is a good time to buy a new iMac at 11:28
Axel Borschbach on Now is a good time to buy a new iMac at 11:24
Maik Endler on Orientierung im iPad-Angebot at 09:34
Volker Weber on Gestern in der Tagesschau at 09:12
Manfred Wiktorin on Gestern in der Tagesschau at 09:09
Rafael Mayoral on Orientierung im iPad-Angebot at 07:33

Ceci n'est pas un blog

I explain difficult concepts in simple ways. For free, and for money. Clue procurement and bullshit detection.

vowe

Contact
Publications
Stuff that works
Amazon Wish List
Frequently Asked Questions

rss feed  twitter  amazon

Local time is 10:55

visitors.gif

buy me coffee

Paypal vowe