This was the biggest Apple flex ever. They shot the whole polished presentation on iPhone. What else is new?
- New M3 chipsets in three sizes: M3, M3 Pro, M3 Max
- Built with the same 3-nanometer process as iPhone 15
- Industry-leading performance per Watt
- Same 14″ and 16″ MacBook Pros and 24″ iMacs
- 13″ MacBook Pro is finally gone
- New color option: “Space Black”
Apple is addressing customers who are not buying M1/M2 Macs because their GPU performance was too low. and those still on Intel Macs.
Apple is the only company which has bought up all 3-nanometer capacity and they want to run “scary fast”. M3 and M3 Pro ship now, M3 Max later in November. M3 Ultra (two M3 Max combined) is not announced. Apple will be squeezing out as many machines as they can and can shift iPhone capacity there.
This MacBook Pro is for people who “need” the latest and greatest. Space Black is for that crowd.
M3 raises the performance for graphics-intense workloads. And its hardware-supported codecs for video playback lead to even greater battery performance. If you can spare this much money for watching Netflix.
If you are in the market for Mac Pro or Mac Studio, hold your horses until next year.