Dear Microsoft. Here is a list of things I want the Start Menu to do:
* Show my installed programs
* Search my local files
* Provide access to system settings
Here is a list of things I do *not* want the Start Menu to do:
* Show the weather for a randomly-selected town near my network’s public IP infrastructure
* Show tabloid headlines
* Show programs I *don’t* have installed
* Search the web via Bing
* Show adverts(!)
* Attempt to engage me in conversation with a hallucinating LLM
Thanks.Garath Halfacree on Mastodon
Windows 11 maintains itself well. If you just put the machine to sleep it takes care of everything.
The only work I have to do now is to roll back all the junk that Microsoft adds to Windows. Bing was the first victim, then Edge, now Windows itself.